Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Butter Up

I love peanut butter cookies. The big, chewy, homemade kind made with real butter. LOVE them, they are the perfect snack any time of day. Since they are sooooo good, I don't make them very often because they never last very long around here.

As it's been several months since I made a batch, I've been meaning to make some for some time. Over the last month, I've taken two sticks of butter out of the freezer and put it on top of the microwave to thaw, three or four times. Later in the day, when I get around to thinking about making cookies, I find Rich has put it back into the refrigerator or freezer. Odd, I think in the back of my head, but he's usually at work and I don't get around to asking him why.

This morning, again I take out two sticks of butter from the freezer. Put on top of microwave to thaw, then go about my day. See photo.

This afternoon......I'm walking through our bedroom and notice first of all that our bed is messed up. Second, there's something on it........something, like a dog would have left........hmmmmmm

Evidence!.
Evidence close up.

Of course EVERYONE is innocent and no one is confessing who is guilty. I have good reason to suspect that it was a borzoi who is responsible for the thievery, but the bounty may have been shared by several. And, the light bulb clicks on in my head where all those many previously missing sticks of butter have gone over the last month or so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe the guilty party may come forth soon. Hasn't someone taken an extra potty break or two? :)

Anonymous said...

Too funny Lisa! Thanks for sharing!!