Friday, March 28, 2008

Off To Oregon -- Need New Show Clothes

When we received my show photo from the win with Catherine this week, I realize that I really need new show clothes. The jacket I was wearing that day (see post below) is actually a medium taupe-y color, not dark gray/brown. The lighting in some of these show venues is horrible! Also, I realize that Catie totally disappears in front of my black pants, must change that. I NEED new clothes badly Clothes -- I can make those.

The perfect Borzoi showing clothes are, clothes that look great on you when you are running as fast as you can. It's that simple. After some experience, I've decided that means....nothing that "flaps" when you run or your dog will try to play with it. Nothing that hangs below your waist that will gather up or bunch when you have to bend over. Something you can move your arms in (when running as fast as you can), and buttons or closes in front. And, in a color, print and pattern that complements your dog, one of the most important factors here!

So, I am off to Oregon later today to house-sit for some friends while they attend a Canine Cruise in the Carribean for 9 days. I am bringing my sewing machine, iron, notions, sewing tools, some patterns, a mountain of fabric and our two Silken Windhounds. I hope in between caring for 20 dogs, 2 horses, 2 llamas, a few cats and koi that I can get something made to bring to Borzoi Nationals (and wear) in April.

No comments: