Monday, August 4, 2008

Breakfast is Served.....

Today I cooked up a little stew of beef, potatoes, carrots and zucchini for the dogs, and mixed it with some kibble for their breakfast. Spoiled dogs here, yes I know, but let's not go there! I live to serve.

I served up everyone's bowls and distributed food in their usual eating places. Beagles in the kitchen, Honcho in the spare bathroom, Toby in his crate, and Jewel in her bedroom (Rowan and Catie are in Canada today). Sidenote: Isolating everyone when they eat keeps the food stealing and resulting dog arguments to a minimum.

About 30 seconds after putting Jewel's food down and closing her in her room to eat, she starts barking……the same bark she uses when she has the cat cornered, or small animal (mouse, etc) trapped. RrrrrrrrRUFF!......rrrrrrrrrRUFF! What in the world? So I open her door to see what's up, and she is standing over her food bowl, ears at full prick and really pissed off; barking at her food bowl. A mouthful of half chewed potato is spit out on the floor. RrrrrrrrRUFF! Rrrrrrruff! Over, and over, again.

Apparently, I served breakfast a tad too warm for the Princess's liking.

She's been barking at it for a full five minutes now, mad that it won't let her eat it and that it "bit" her back. She stops every 30 seconds to taste it, then starts barking again if it's not just exactly the right temperature. Okay, now finally she's stopped barking, it must be at the perfect temp.

Sometimes, not soooooo smart. (Jewel, not me, but I'm sure she would beg to differ).

No comments: